Your heating system fulfills all your heating needs. But what do you do when it starts malfunctioning? This is the part where you want to call an HVAC technician for heating repair in Bakersfield. A professional will diagnose the problem and provide a solution. Sometimes, you might be suggested to replace your heating system even when it’s unnecessary. It is recommended you ask for second advice before opting for heating replacement in Bakersfield.
There might be various problems with your heating system. You should notice the symptoms and notify your HVAC provider accordingly to get an estimate.
Look out for these common issues to get an idea if your heating system needs a repair or a replacement:
- A noisy system: If your furnace or any other device is making noises while running, there might be some loose components. Call your trusted HVAC company to get it repaired.
- Older system: A well-maintained heating system furnace is expected to have a lifetime of around 20-25 years. New models of heat pumps last 15-20 years. If your heating system is older them a certain limit, you might want to consider a replacement. Though it costs more than a repair, it will prove better in the long run.
- High Utility Bills: If your utility bills have increased exponentially, there might be some problem with your heating system. Get it repaired by an expert immediately. If your system is older than 15-20 years, you might want to consider a replacement.
- Frequent Repairs: If you need to get your heating system repaired frequently, it is better to get a replacement for it. If repairs cost you a sizable amount of the cost of a new unit, replace it.
- You smell a weird odor: When you smell an odor in your house, it might be due to improper fuel utilization. It can also be due to mold or bacteria growing on your unit. Contact a professional and get it repaired as it can be a risk to your health.
- Slow heating: If your heating system takes a lot of time to heat your home, there might be a problem in the unit. It could also mean your air vents are blocked. A professional is required to repair your unit. You can check the air vents to see if they are blocked by anything.
- Wrongly sized heating system: Your heating system is installed based on your home architecture and size. If a wrong-sized heating system is installed, it will struggle to heat your home evenly. Contact your trusted HVAC provider to replace your heating system.
- Discolored pilot light: Your pilot light must be a healthy blue color. If it is of any other color, contact a professional right away. A yellow-colored pilot light signifies a carbon monoxide leak. Please turn off your heating system immediately as it is a severe concern.
Choose Holders Air Conditioning & Heating
Choosing between repairing and replacing your heating system can be difficult. That’s why there are professionals for heating repair and heating replacement in Bakersfield. You should contact a reputed HVAC company before deciding anything. Holders Air Conditioning & Heating is the best choice when it comes to heating repair in Bakersfield. We are recommended by many of our happy customers.